December Update and A Christmas Wish
Despite the setback of the Corona Virus shutdown, we at Hand in Hand of Glynn have broken ground on our project to house the homeless! We are thrilled to be at this milestone! On Thursday, November 24, 2020 at 3:00 we had our groundbreaking at 4621 Altama Avenue! This image was taken by Alan Dyer, Pastor of The St Simons Presbyterian Church. All our friends and donors were totally dazzled by this solar display during the ceremony! Anne Stembler, President of Hand in Hand of Glynn, introduced Alan Dyer, Pastor of St Simons Presbyterian Church, who gave the Invocation. Anne then welcomed the crowd and recognized some of our significant supporters in the Brunswick Community:
- Mayor Cornell Harvey
- Reverend Jeffery Muchison and his wife Sandra
- Commissioner Allen Booker and his wife, Vanessa
- Commissioner Johnnie Cason
- Mayor pro-tem Julie Martin
- Brunswick Police Chief Kevin Jones,
- Committeeman William Kitts
- Fire Chief Tim White
- Building Inspector Paul Kersey
- Joint Water Sewer Tim Ransom
- Anne then reviewed the accomplishments of Hand in Hand of Glynn to date: In February, purchasing the 4.25 acre property for $1,175,000.
- Taking down the sanctuary while leaving the remainder as the basis of our future Community Center.
- Putting a new roof and soffits on our soon-to-be Community Center (old Sunday school building)
- Constructing a beautiful fence around 3/4 of the property to give privacy to our residents and neighbors
- Building our wonderful 240-square-foot model tiny home!
- Raising over $3,200,000 to date with about $1.5 million more needed to complete the project.
- Hand in Hand of Glynn has 24 people who have each bought one or more homes for $30,000.
- Hand in Hand of Glynn of Glynn has a total of 398 individual donors to date.